Marlowe's Shade

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Blogburst for Terri: Parched

"Daddy, can I have some water? I'm thirsty!"

My four year-old has discovered this classic bedtime stall. In order to avoid accidents during the night she is on strict fluid rationing after dinner. But we always give her a little before bed if she asks for it. What if she's really thirsty?

The air is extremely dry here in the winter, so we use humidifiers in all the rooms. Last night we discoverd the one in our room wasn't working. I checked the plug and everything else I could think of, but the light wasn't coming on. So we just went to bed.

The newborn is still in our room. I woked up several times last nighe with my throat and the inside of my mouth absolutely dessicated. The baby was clearly experiencing the same thing as she cried several times to be nursed. No matter how much water I drank, an hour later I was awake again with my mouth feeling like old suede and the same unquenchable thirst.

Oddly enough, this morning the humidifier seemed to be working perfectly.
papijoe 4:20 PM
|