Marlowe's Shade

Thursday, November 11, 2004

God Bless Our Veterans

It always bothered me that Veteran's Day seems to play second fiddle to Memorial Day. To the dead goes all the honor we neglected to give them in life.

Nothing I write can do justice to the sacrifices of our veterans. I haven't experienced war, and I can't put a fair price on their service. But I'm grateful that they've given us a country that is a light to the world, that my wife wanted to come to and become a citizen, that my daughter can be proud of.

I especially hope that today the Viet Nam vets can hold their heads a little higher, knowing we've rejected a man and a worldview that would slander and blame them for the mistakes of those who didn't fight themselves. Yet those of them I know are probably more concerned for a younger generation of soldiers who are fighting and dying right now in Fallujah.

Let's remember, honor, and pray for those who fought, are fighting and will fight.

And finally all other words fail, save two.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
papijoe 7:11 AM
|