Marlowe's Shade

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Spengler on "Judeophilia" in the US

Not a permalink, you need to scroll down to the letter by "Bliss"

Spengler isn't as well known, but he is in the same league as Wretchard.

He doesn't really lend himself to pulling out a paragraph or two. But he does perform variations on this theme from John Adams (who humanists tell us was a Deist who rejected traditional Judeo-Christian values):

I will insist that the Hebrews have done more to civilize men then any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed in blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations. If I were an atheist ... I should believe that chance had ordered the Jews to preserve and propagate to all mankind the doctrine of a supreme, intelligent, wise almighty sovereign of the universe, which I believe to be the great essential principle of all morality, and consequently of all civilization.

papijoe 1:17 PM
|